Hives Architects was originally formed in Reading in 1934 by Eric G.V. Hives. Eric's uncle, Ernest Hives rose from being Charles Rolls' mechanic to chairman of Rolls-Royce, and our practice worked on the company's factories in Derby. Eric's sons Colin and John joined the firm as it undertook several large office schemes in Reading and the new town of Bracknell. Nigel Garrett became a partner and in 1996 and sole proprietor until the the partnership was formed with Cornelius in 2010.
Henk Wieringa and Cornelius Kavanagh are the current partners.
The Practice has maintained its base in Reading throughout its existence and is currently located at 29 Castle St, Reading, a grade II Listed Building in the Town Centre.
A collection of projects from before 1990 all completed by Hives Architects. Projects ranging from Restoration, Listed Buildings, Offices, Industrial, Interiors and Retail.